HCC: Stuffed MushroomsPrint This Story
Recipe is from one of my favorite Italian cookbooks...Hot Italian Dish by Victoria Gotti...yes...the mob boss John Gotti's daughter...wonderful cookbook that I highly recommend...
- 1/2 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Dozen Large White Mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 Cup Seasoned Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 t. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 T. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Clean the mushrooms well and arrange them, centers up, on the baking sheet.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic, remaining 5 tablespoons oil, the parsley, grated cheese, salt and pepper, and white wine, and mix well. The mixture should be pasty.
- Spoon equal portions of the mixture into the center of each mushroom, sprinkling with additional grated cheese if desired.
- Cover the mushrooms with foil and bake for 12 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Short URL: http://thisismycounty.com/?p=8353Print This Story This Post Sponsored By: